KB&G’s real estate and hospitality groups represented restaurateur Bobby Khorrami and his investment group in the negotiation and making of the long-term lease for their latest restaurant venture in NYC’s Chelsea neighborhood.
- Michael Kent, leading KB&G’s entertainment group, and Harry Beatty, leading KB&G’s corporate group, represented one of its venture capital clients in its investment with Grammy®-award winning artist and international superstar Pitbull, aka “Mr. Worldwide,” and the creators of globally renowned brand Sugar Factory American Brasserie, in the recently opened restaurant, cocktail and nightlife concept, iLov305, inside the Bon Air Hotel on Miami Beach’s Ocean Drive.
KB&G’s real estate group represented the Epicurean Group in the restructuring and extension of its lease for its acclaimed West Village wine bar, Anfora.
- Michael Kent and Harry Beatty, with KB&G’s corporate, real estate and employment groups, represented long-time client Cookies & More Inc., a leading distributor of snacks and beverages to camps and schools, in the sale of its business to J. Kings Food Service Professionals, Inc.
KB&G’s real estate and hospitality groups represented Neuman’s Kitchen, Inc., one of New York’s pre-eminent high-end event and catering services, in all aspects of the expansion of its operations into Pennsylvania, including the leasing of a state-of-the art food preparation facility in Philadelphia.
KB&G’s corporate and hospitality groups represented Doughnut Bar, LLC in licensing its trademarks, recipes and other intellectual property to Pillars Group, so that Pillars can establish The Doughnut Project bakeries and restaurants in the Gulf Cooperation Council and Egypt. The initial location is scheduled to be opened in late 2017 in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as “Dots, by The Doughnut Project.”
Harry Beatty and KB&G’s corporate group represented Clos de los Siete S.A. in establishing a long-term distribution agreement with Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits. Clos de los Siete (House of the Seven) is a venture of seven French families, including the family of renown oenologist Michel Rolland, that produces a high-quality Bordeaux style red wine in the Mendoza valley of Argentina. Deutsch Family is responsible for the phenomenal growth of the modestly priced Yellowtail brand, and represents many private labels in concert with Total Wines & More.
- KB&G’s real estate and hospitality groups represented restaurateur Leith Hill in all aspects of the lease transaction for her latest Ellary’s Green Café at the Sportime-Randall’s Island Tennis facility, New York City's premier tennis destination and home of the John McEnroe Tennis Academy.
- KB&G’s real estate, hospitality and corporate groups represented Shaunna Sargent and Al Butts in all hospitality, leasing and construction law aspects of the expansion of their Indie Wine and Food brand to Long Island City.
- KB&G’s real estate and hospitality groups represented restaurateur Meny Vaknin and his investment group in connection with their new Marcel Bakery & Kitchen venture, including all organizational matters and the negotiation and consummation of its long-term lease in Upper Montclair, New Jersey.
- KB&G’s real estate and hospitality groups represented restaurateur Michael Wetherbee (Momofuku Ma Feche, PUBLIC, Saxon+Parole), and his partner, executive chef Akhtar Nawab (Gramercy Tavern, Craft, The E.U. Eletarria), in the negotiation and making of the long-term lease for their just opened new restaurant, Alta Calidad, in the Prospect Heights section of Brooklyn.
- KB&G’s real estate, hospitality and corporate groups represented Colin Clarke (Gramercy Tavern, Fanny’s) and his team in the transactional, hospitality and real estate aspects of their long anticipated artisanal restaurant, café and bakery venture to be known as Sheila’s Café, located in the Cobble Hill section of Brooklyn.
- KB&G’s corporate and hospitality groups structured operational documents for Certified Catering Consultants, LLC, a new company offering a full range of hospitality-related consultancy services.
- KB&G’s hospitality, real estate and corporate groups represented FJP Hospitality Group, Inc. and celebrity chef Julieta Ballesteros and their investor partners in all organizational matters, as well as in the negotiation and consummation of the lease for its newly opened TAVO restaurant in the West Village in Manhattan.
- KB&G’s real estate group, led by Michael Kent, represented J’Aime Organics LLC in the negotiation and making of a long-term lease for its first production kitchen and retail store in Manhattan. KB&G’s hospitality and corporate groups continue to represent J’Aime Organics with respect to its expansion planning.
- KB&G’s Corporate Group acted as special counsel for Davos Brands in connection with Davos’ purchase of the Aviation Gin brands. KB&G helped negotiate and finalize production and bottling agreements for the continued sourcing of the purchased brands. Previously, KB&G had represented Davos in the establishment of its distribution rights to the brands
- KB&G’s real estate and hospitality teams represented Antico Noe in the negotiation and making of a lease for its new restaurant in Manhattan, representing the first presence of the Antico Noe brand outside of Florence, Italy.
- KB&G’s corporate and hospitality teams counseled its client in the structuring of its participation in the expansion of the Sugar Factory brand to its new location in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District.
- Harry Beatty and KBG’s corporate law group represented Destilería Serrallés, Inc. in extended and complicated negotiations with the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and its agencies, including its Treasury, Government Bank and the Puerto Rico Industrial Development Company, to establish Trust and Lock Box arrangements with Citibank, N.A. securing for DSI and other Puerto Rican rum producers the payment of production incentives consisting of “cover over,” that is, the excise taxes remitted to the Commonwealth by the U.S. Federal Treasury. The arrangement provides security with respect to hundreds of millions of dollars a year owed to the rum producers.
- Michael Kent, assisted by KB&G’s real estate team, represented Neuman’s Kitchen, a leading Manhattan catering concern, in both the buy-out of its current Manhattan lease and the making of a new long-term lease for its planned state of the art facility in Long Island City. KB&G’s team worked closely with its client’s consultants in coordinating design and planning efforts, as well as in maximizing participation in City and State incentive programs.
- Jack Gordon and Deirdre Fletcher created an employee benefits manual for Hearth Restaurant and its sister establishments.
- Jack Gordon represented one of the principal investors in Samesa Orchard, advising on the structure of the investment and its suitability.
- Harry Beatty and the Corporate Law group represented Davos Brands in acquiring the master distribution rights in the United States to the award winning American Aviation Gin brand.
- Jack Gordon led the team that helped create the business plan, pro formas, operating, subscription, licensing and management services agreements for Antico Noe in the US.
- Harry Beatty and the Corporate Law group represented TY KU LLC, in acquiring the master distribution rights in the US to the Real McCoy line of award winning premium aged rums, as well as an equity interest in Real McCoy Spirits Corp. The rums and the original Prohibition “rum runner,” Captain Bill McCoy, are the subject of a 2012 Emmy award winning documentary film produced by Bailey Pryor, the CEO of Real McCoy.
- Kent, Beatty & Gordon’s real estate and hospitality team represented the owner of L’Artusi in the restructuring and extension of its lease for its acclaimed West Village restaurant.
- Jack A. Gordon led the hospitality litigation team at Kent, Beatty & Gordon in settling a dispute on behalf of chef Zod Arafai involving Daryl's Restaurant and Wine Bar in New Brunswick, NJ after successfully obtaining a court order requiring that the assets of the LLC that owns the restaurant be sold in a commercially reasonable manner.
- KB&G represented the City of Rye, NY, in connection with the negotiation and finalization of two food and beverage vendor contracts at its Whitby Castle and Rye Golf Club for 2014 and beyond.
- KB&G represented TY KU LLC in acquiring the master distribution rights in the US and Canada to the ZYR premium Russian vodka brand.
- KB&G represented its long-time client, Sultana Distribution Services Inc., in the negotiation, structuring and implementation of a first-of-its-kind Master National Re-Distribution Agreement with the Ferrara Candy Company, a leading manufacturer of candy and confections.
- KB&G represented the founders of RYU in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District, the restaurant featured on the 2012-2013 season of The Kardashians because of Scott Disick’s involvement. KB&G handled the formation documents for the LLCs that own the restaurant and the affiliated intellectual property rights, negotiated the lease, drafted the operating agreements, management agreement, services agreement, financing agreements and related transactional documents, and generally provides ongoing counsel and advice to the principals of the venture.
- KB&G structured and implemented a joint venture between its long-time client, Destileria Serrallés, Inc., and a group headed by Rande Gerber, the hospitality impresario, for the development, launch and distribution of the new super premium rum brand, Caliche.
- KB&G represented an investor in connection with the establishment of the Latin Quarter Club, including structuring the investment in coordination with liquor regulatory counsel, and in connection with its subsequent acquisition of the controlling interest in the Club.
- KB&G represented an investor in connection with its provision of secured financing relating to the Cub Room restaurant.
- KB&G represented its long-time client, Destileria Serrallés, Inc., in DSI’s acquisition of the U.S. distribution rights to the Death’s Door brand spirits, including its award winning gin, vodka and white whisky, as well as an equity interest in the Death’s Door Spirits, LLC company.
- KB&G represented an investor in a restaurant in Collingswood, NJ, in connection with the sale of his interest in the LLC that owns BlackBird to the other members of the LLC.
- KB&G represented the principal investors in Top-Chef Kevin Spraga's new restaurant venture, Spraga, in Philadelphia, PA.
- KB&G represented investors in connection with their acquisition of interests in L'Artusi restaurant, and subsequently has served as general commercial counsel to L'Artusi.
- KB&G represented Experience hospitality, Inc. in connection with the creation, financing, opening and operation of Choptank Restaurant, Caffé Muzio, Spasso and Stivale.
- KB&G represented Epicurean Management, LLC, in connection with the creation, financing, opening and operation of the L'Artusi restaurant and the Anfora wine bar.
- KB&G represented Epicurean Capital LLC in connection with its investment in and operation and management of ellabess, the restaurant at the Nolitan Hotel, including structuring the transaction in connection with liquor regulatory counsel, and in connection with the related Management Services and Food & Beverage Agreements and the Restaurant Lease with the Hotel.
- KB&G represented the LLC that purchased Trattoria 312 in Brooklyn, including the acquisition of the lease and the financing, opening and operation of Gwynnett St., later Lachlan Gastropub.
- KB&G represents numerous restaurants, including Blu, Café Matisse, Daryl's Restaurant and Wine Bar, Il Capriccio, L'Artusi, Lachlan Gastropub, Orange Squirrel, Stivale and Thirty Acres in connection with disputes with vendors, suppliers, contractors, landlords and others.